House Cleaning Checklist
Having a housecleaning checklist handy is a good way to split up cleaning tasks into manageable tasks and keeping your property organized. What’s more, a checklist comes in handy to manage the little messes that continue to add up. Creating a cleaning checklist is a good way to reduce stress and split up the job of house cleaning into manageable tasks.
- If something looks dirty, will you wait for someone to clean it? Add it to your immediate cleaning checklist.
- Sanitation is a crucial part of cleaning, but these tasks can be handled as needed.
Everyday Cleaning Checklist
There are essential house cleaning tasks that cannot be left for another day and must be handled every day. When performed daily, these tasks reduce the need for future scrubbing and scouring. Additionally, there is a less risk of germs and bacteria.
- Clean coffee maker: You cannot miss out on cleaning the coffee maker on a daily basis. Spills tend to spoil the beauty and efficiency of the machine. Clean the appliance inside-out and wash removable parts with a dish cleaning liquid and warm water.
- Sanitize sinks: Sinks stink if not sanitized daily. An eraser-type sponge should work on stains. Close the drain and fill the basin with a tablespoon of bleach or soda and warm water. Rinse after 5 minutes to get a sparkling clean wash basin.
- Clean dirty dishes: Make it a habit to clean up dirt vessels every day. Your dishwasher should do the job easily. Once done, empty/load the dishwasher.
- Wipe down bathroom counters: One important daily task on your house cleaning checklist should be bathroom cleaning. Wipe down the counters in the morning and night.
- Organize clutter: There are some objects that look clutter your space almost every day. This may include loose paper or toys. It is a good idea to do a nighttime sweep to place all such stray objects in the space meant for them.
Weekly House Cleaning Checklist
You might not find out time for house cleaning every day, so some tasks are best left for weekly cleaning. Tackle one job each day. When planning out a house cleaning checklist, try devoting each single day to a separate cleaning or organizing task.
Scrub bathroom surfaces
Bathroom cleaning is one area that is the most detested of all tasks. But a regular wipe down of the surfaces is all that is needed to get the job done. Sprinkle baking soda on the bathroom surface and scrub with a damp sponge to keep your bathroom sparkling all through the week. A repurposed spice jar makes an excellent storage for sprinkling soda on the surface! Baking soda helps remove grime from the tiles and surface.
Additionally, make a solution with vinegar and baking soda and pour it into the toilet. This will help disinfect toilet.
Clean the microwave
Cleaning the microwave every week can help keep the appliance clean for a week. It is not a big task to clean it. Add a few tablespoons of vinegar to 1 cup of water and run on high for a couple of minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Wipe it clean with a sponge.
Clean the drain
A mix of baking soda with vinegar is potent enough to unclog the drain and disinfect the kitchen sink. It works an excellent glass cleaner for the mirror, tile, tub, and glass.
Additionally, your weekly house cleaning tasks should include the following:
- Dust all hard surfaces
- Wipe down all kitchen appliances
- Vacuum clean
- Mop floors
- Disinfect countertops
- Scrub showers and tubs
- Sanitize sponges
Monthly House Cleaning Checklist
Clean washing machine
Run a monthly cleaning cycle with a cleaner to eliminate odors, buildup, or contaminants in the machine. After regular use, it is a good idea to keep the machine door slightly open after each wash for better air circulation.
Perhaps the dishwasher bears the brunt of everyday utensil cleaning. A deep cleaning is required every month. Fill 2 cups of vinegar in a jar and run the machine dry. It has a deep cleaning effect and will remove odor and stains.
Regular maintenance care and cleaning is essential to keep your appliances running healthy.
Another task topping your monthly house cleaning checklist is the vacuum cleaner. Change the bag when it’s 3/4th full to keep the suction strong. It is a good idea to replace the filter when dirty or torn to keep the machine working efficiently.
Other important cleaning tasks include:
- Wipe out wastebaskets
- Dust ceiling fans, vents
- Dust moldings
- Disinfect doorknobs
- Wide clean kitchen cabinets
- Scrub stovetop
- Clean blinds
- Vacuum mattress
- Wipe down baseboards
- Polish stainless steel appliances
There are a few tasks that can be added to your monthly house cleaning list:
- Professional cleaning of rugs, upholstery, drapes
- Wipe down walls
- Wash window screens
- Clean big appliances and furniture
With the house cleaning checklist handy, you should be able to keep your abode spick and span without the need to spend too much time and effort on a specific task. Regular cleaning and maintenance helps you keep your property organized.